Papaya Leaf Additional Benefits
Carcica. papaya treatment decreased LDL-C and increased HDL-C in serum significantly
Carcia Papaya Leaf Extract can mediate the release of platelets providing the means for the treatment and prevention of dengue.
- Flavonoid quercetin in papaya leaves exhibits estrogenic effect. (The menopause women have the low level of estrogen in the body. The lack of estrogen changes physiological function in women’s body that affects in health condition. The occurrence of mammary gland hyperplasia is directly related to endocrine disorders, which are mainly caused by imbalance of estrogen and progestin.)
- The alkaloids, flavonoids, saponins, tannin, and glycosides are related with anti-inflammatory activity. Carcia Papaya Leaf Extract is also found to have antitumor and immunomodulator activities. Proteolytic enzymes like papain and chymopapain may help increase platelet count, and alkaloid fraction (carpaine) has shown to be responsible for the anti-thrombocytopenic activity. The flavonols and flavonoids have stimulant effect on blood cell production.
- Inhibitory activity on tumor cell lines
- Effective against increase in prolactin hormone levels
- Increase the total antioxidant activity in blood
- Fermented Papaya Leaf extract FPEs can protect the mammary glands and other visceral organs from oxidative damage.
- Observed significant growth inhibitory activity of the CP extract on tumor cell lines.
- The administration of papaya leaf extract at a dose of 800mg has proven effective against an increase in prolactin hormone levels by 98%.
Papaya Leaf Research References
- Sundarmurthy D, Jayanthi CR, Lakshmaiah KC. Effect of Carica papaya leaf extract on platelet count in chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenic patients: A preliminary study. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol 2017;7(7):685-692.
- Zhenqiang You, Junying Sun, Feng Xie, et al., “Modulatory Effect of Fermented Papaya Extracts on Mammary Gland Hyperplasia Induced by Estrogen and Progestin in Female Rats,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2017, Article ID 8235069, 11 pages, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/8235069.
- Varisha Anjum, Poonam Arora, Shahid Husain Ansari, Abul Kalam Najmi & Sayeed Ahmad(2017) Antithrombocytopenic and immunomodulatory potential of metabolically characterized aqueous extract of Carica papaya leaves, Pharmaceutical Biology, 55:1,2043-2056, DOI: 10.1080/13880209.2017.1346690
- Alma M. Zetina-Esquivel, Carlos A. Tovilla-Zárate, Crystell Guzmán-Garcia, Arturo Rodríguez-Hernández, Andrés E. Castell-Rodríguez, Jorge L. Ble-Castillo, Angela Avila-Fernandez, Isela E. Juárez-Rojop, Juan C. Díaz-Zagoya (2015) Effect of Carica papaya Leaf Extract on Serum Lipids and Liver Metabolic Parameters of Rats Fed a High Cholesterol Diet. Health,07,1196-1205. doi: 10.4236/health.2015.79134
- Otsuki N, Dang NH, Kumagai E and Kondo A (2010). Aqueous extract of Carica papaya leaves exhibits anti-tumor activity and immunomodulatory effects. Journal of Ethno Pharmacology 127 760- 767.
- Raisatun Nisa Sugiyanto1 , Rahmi Khamsita1 , Marvin Lambertus1 , Rohmad Yudi Utomo1 , Ratna Asmah Susidarti (2012) Ethanolic Extract of Papaya (Carica papaya) Leaf Exhibits Estrogenic Effects In Vivo and In Silico. Indonesian Journal of Cancer Chemoprevention, ISSN: 2088–0197
- Tina Endah Pratiwi1 , Ari Suwondo2 , Mardiyono (2016) Exclusive Breastfeeding Improvement Program Using Carica Papaya Leaf Extract on the Levels of Prolactin Hormones. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN: 2319-7064